Mar 062011
 

Saturday morning Thomas PA1M and Jan PA0VAJ came to help the operators Peter PA4PS, Johan PE9DX and myself to set op an extra tower. After some coffee and pie we started to set up this small tower with the 4* 9 elements Tonna antennas witch compleets our 4 tower station for the 144mhz part of the contest. Then we fired up the computers, radio and amps and made it all to a working station.
Johan PE9DX arrived also. The contest started at 1500 local and the condx where good. Sunday the contacts slowed down but the condx where still ok and some nice dx was worked.
Everything played well and thee where no major problems.

Mar 042011
 

I have fired up the 144mhz amplifiers to see if everything was working for the upcoming contest weekend. It looks good sofar.

Feb 172011
 

With Johan PE9DX, Eltje PA3CEE and Rene PE1L in Gambia as C56EME I had to startup the moonbounce part off the staion to make a qso with them. Due to temporary less time playing moonbounce was a while ago. What is was expected was true. The actuator for elevation was not willing to move. With a smal ladder  I was able to give the actuator a  push on its head and things where running again. After listening a while I worked BD4SY for a new DXCC and after that I worked the boys in Gambia also for a new DXCC. I made some other contacts and I can say that the station still works fine.

Feb 172011
 

The conditions where bad but it was fun to play around. Everything stayed alive and the station worked fine.
SO2R is a challenge. Hopefully I can start this spring with building two new four squares.  Then I have more antennas to choose from which is making SO2R more fun.

Feb 112011
 

I am always struggling with the MK2R and the wave files for the Icom 7800.

This time I decided to see what causes the real problem and make it working so that it works again next week. After reading the manual I found out that there was the possibility to change  a few jumpers in the MK2R to get a preamp working. I decided to give it a try. The manual says older Icom radios needed the preamp  (I thought an 7800 is not so old). It worked out well. The wave files are playing like never before.

Today also put the latest firmware in my oldest Alpha 9500.