Sep 292013

When I had six yagis for moonbounce I had on top off a versa tower a very strong head unit. This unit was heavy and that was the reason I stopped with it. I Still have it and now I am redoing my EME station with a small mast I decided to use this unit instead of the unit I was using for a while, which was not strong enough for two meters. Maybe I can use it for a 70 cm array later….

I pulled the unit out of the bush and cleaned it a bit. I painted it and mounted it on a spare yt3a towers section. We made an iron plate between the section and the unit.


We cut a plate and drilled holes in it to connect the head unit to the tower.


Looks nicer when it is painted.


Head unit upside down.







ready to lift it in position.

Sep 072013

In the spring I took my eme tower down. It was not strong enough and repairs where difficult because the antennas where not ease reachable. I ordered an extra tower section at yt3a for te eme tower. We poured some concrete and constructed a base plate. The tower is tilt adjustable

The Base plate was welded by Jan PA0VAJ.


Put the base plate on some wood. The can put exact horizontal with wire ends.


Only have to paint it.