Jan 052014
 

Now the renovation of the house is close to be finished I have begun to restart the radio hobby. The past half year there was nearly time for radio, so lots of projects are on the list. I have moved the moonbounce tower to the field and the antennas have to be mounted and cables be connected. The most time consuming project is the erection of the four new towers and the building and mounting off the new HF antennas.

Also also a big project is the moving of the shack from the barn to the house.
I am glad I will have the shack in the house and on ground level. So radio is nearby ll the time!

 

Jan 042014
 

A few days ago Peter PA4PS asked me to activate my skimmer again because he would like to use it with the N1MM contest program. I started it up and after some help it was also running at Peter his computer. Thomas PA1M and Peter said there where not much spots. I remembered that there was something wrong with the antenna, I looked outside and saw that I had dismantled the antenna.  I had not realized that i did that some where in September. Only the bottom part of the R7 was still standing op. I have added some aluminum tubes and an extra wire and for now it is working fine again. Later I will move the skimmer antenna to a better place.

Oct 072013
 

 

There was a small crane at my house for the new electrical connection and that guy helped me to set the eme tower in correct position.

DSC01083

Eme tower only 3.5 meters high.

Sep 292013
 

When I had six yagis for moonbounce I had on top off a versa tower a very strong head unit. This unit was heavy and that was the reason I stopped with it. I Still have it and now I am redoing my EME station with a small mast I decided to use this unit instead of the unit I was using for a while, which was not strong enough for two meters. Maybe I can use it for a 70 cm array later….

I pulled the unit out of the bush and cleaned it a bit. I painted it and mounted it on a spare yt3a towers section. We made an iron plate between the section and the unit.

DSC01056

We cut a plate and drilled holes in it to connect the head unit to the tower.

DSC01067

Looks nicer when it is painted.

DSC01057

Head unit upside down.

 

 

DSC01068

Painted

 

DSC01081

ready to lift it in position.

Sep 072013
 

In the spring I took my eme tower down. It was not strong enough and repairs where difficult because the antennas where not ease reachable. I ordered an extra tower section at yt3a for te eme tower. We poured some concrete and constructed a base plate. The tower is tilt adjustable

The Base plate was welded by Jan PA0VAJ.

DSC00995

Put the base plate on some wood. The can put exact horizontal with wire ends.

DSC01017

Only have to paint it.