Aug 162011
 

Today I went to Thomas to see what cause the problem on 40m from his brand new Steppir.

Arjen PA7LV was also there.

After some tests we found out that one or both elements around the 30 meter frequency. That’s when he comes out of the banana. When we looked very carefully inside we saw small pieces of plastic from the clamp who is making the connection between the element and de (.  We removed this carefully and did this on both sides.

After that we put it all together and problem is solved.  Of course this a factory made fault. Maybe a Monday morning product?

 

Aug 152011
 

Today Thomas PA1M and Jan PA0VAJ where here to help with the mounting of the new boots on the Steppir antenna. We also did some other small projects who I was not able to do alone.
We also hoped to solve the bad swr 40m problem off my Steppir.
But we did not find any water in the tubes as we thought there would be. So what else can cause the problem off bad swr on 40m?
Maybe I find out tomorrow as I go to Thomas to look for the same problem at Thomas his shiny new stepper who has also a problem on 40m.

Jaap PA0T was also here also to repair an amplifier which we are using for vhf uhf shf contest.

Aug 072011
 

Moved the vertical to the land. The noise is now complete gone.
I made a temporary base from old wood. I want to see how I have to make it that I can quickly lay down the verticals. I have already learned the wooden poles have to become longer otherwise the pvc pipe will break. I connected the vertical to the radio and compared it to the R8. I was impressed. Yesterday when the vertical was on the fence the R8 was far better because off the noise but now it is the other way around.