Today I dug a groove for the first 15 meter of PVC pipes for the coax cables from the new shack to the hf towers is in the field.
I made a mould to check if all the flanges from the towers are fitting correctly to the tower bases.
Two of the four towers are on the ground and checked if sections are fit together correctly. There are some problems with the . The guy ring bearings. They do not fit correctly on to the sections. The builder of the towers is now looking for a solution.
Step by step I get all the bands running again. Today I made my first dx qso’s on 50Mhz since a July last year!
I worked KP2/K3TEJ, KP4EIT and WP4JCF. The yagi in the tower needs some maintenance but for now I am qrv.
Today I started to disconnect the uLINKS for the Station Master Deluxe in the barn and installed them in the new shack. I managed to get two radios ttalk with the SMD’s and to get two rotors to turn.
The Station Master Deluxe is a “Network” controller for controlling large stations using multiple Antenna Switches, Stacks, Rotators, SteppIR/UltraBeams, Automatic Amplifiers, and other devices.
It is made bij Microham.
The first weekend of May we participated as always in the 144MHz contest. Johan PE9DX, Peter PA4PS and PA1T where the operators. Hilco PC1CP, Jan PA0VAJ and Nap PA1NG paid us a visit as usual.
It was the first time we had a contest from the new shack. Not everything went as smooth as hooped but we could finish the contest. Next contest we hope to have cured the problems.